Acapulco Heaven



After a lot of hard work I have finally received the iconic Acapulco chairs in store, I had been thinking about this for a while and I tell you I am so happy I did they are the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in (I know BIG statement!)

This chair was originally designed in Mexico in the 1950s. Legend has it that this chair was conceived by a French tourist whilst seated in an uncompromising solid chair amongst the alluringly comfortable woven hammocks strung from the nearby palms. By combining the mayan woven technique of the hammocks within a metal framework the Acapulco chair was born.




The chairs are crafted entirely by hand in Mexico using local raw materials by craftsmen schooled in the art of mayan weaving. They are formed by lashing the UV protected vinyl cord to a powder coated galvanized steel frame.
The chairs are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use having protective stoppers on the feet to protect wooden flooring and rust proofed steel for protection against the elements.


I can't tell you how in love with these I am, now time for a Margarita!
Adios!



No comments:

Post a Comment