"One" by Victoria Alexander

























The paper is matte, with ruffled edges, stunning pictures with quotes are inspiring and thought provoking.  Maps, fabrics and envelopes with small cards that have words of wisdom hidden away.

























This isn't just a coffee table book it is one to read and ponder, touch and feel, study the photographs, wonder and smile all at the same time.  Victoria Alexander (you can see her blog here) is an ex fashion editor for Vogue and Cosmopolitan,art director and stylist for film and stills among others.  Based in Sydney Victoria has experienced living as six, five, four, three, two and "one".

About this book the publisher says "Victoria writes with humour and wisdom about the importance of believing in and valuing ourselves.  She reminds us to trust in ourselves, try things on for size, take risks and ask for what we want - after all, we might just get it.  At its heart, the beautifully layered collection of stories, quotes, reflections and evocative images is about the power of choice and about enjoying life with all its shifts and changes.  Its message is universal: accept who you are and who you can be, whether you live alone, or whether you are one of many"











































































I sit here as "one" writing this blog although I am a "four", it is complicated,  for the majority of the time I am a "three" as my husband works away but within I often feel as "One" which use to scare me but over the past 18 months it has empowered me.  As you will discover when reading this most beautiful, tactile book "One" is a celebration of individuality and life.

Vanessa

{images Livedin Coogee}

2 comments:

  1. Oh Vanessa i saw this on the Decor8 blog a little while back or Holly's Instagram I'm not sure and i was intrigued to say the least and ordered it from the Book depository and now I'm awaiting it eagerly! Another amazaballs one is " My heart Wanders" by - Pia Jane Bijkerk.. I can't explain how unbelievably moving it is.. A MUST read.. Quite similar i think.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BohemianHunter you will love it, I can't put it down!! xx

    ReplyDelete